Gluten-Free is the first step to healing, but it’s also a distraction.
Yes, gluten is bad. Yes, you should give gluten-free a go.
The health effects of gluten and wheat are well documented and studied now:
- it makes you gain weight
- it has neurotoxic effects and harms the brain, causing headaches, depression, neuropathy etc.
- it damages the gut (in everyone, not just celiacs)
- it alters the micro biome
- it’s a trigger in autoimmune disease
- and it has over 300+ symptoms associated with it
But I never get them to FOCUS on “going gluten-free”.
Because that was one of the biggest mistakes I made.
Getting well again is NOT just about going GLUTEN-FREE.
GLUTEN-FREE IS A DISTRACTION
Yep. I just said that. Read the rest of this post »