- HEAL YOUR GUT with specific foods and nutrients
- figure out FOOD SENSITIVITIES
- create the YOU diet
- DETOX your body & life
- get your HAPPY back
- relieve stress & anxiety for good and get in the HEALING ZONE
- Figuring out what foods you're body LOVES
- Figuring out what foods are making you SICK (food sensitivities)
- Figuring out any root causes that still aren't addressed
- Designing a diet just for you YOU and create a personalised healing and eating plan.
- Removing chemicals & toxins in your environment keeping you sick
- Detoxing the body from stored toxins making you sick
- Healing the gut barrier and rebuild your good bacteria
- Getting your digestive system working properly again with simple tweaks and tricks.
- Looking at your emotions, stress and mental state - how they affect your health and gut and how to correct that
- Peeling back the layers on the emotional/mental/spiritual stuff on a level you never have before
- Figuring out and removing BELIEFS and TRAUMAS are blocking you from healing
- Discovering the metaphysical meaning behind your health problems
- De-stress and calm your mind - reducing stress and anxiety. Keep you in a positive in relaxed mindset (even when things get tough) so your body can heal itself.
- Finding the right balance in your life between healthy habits, meals, exercise and, you know, actually living life!
Get your life back.
- What if instead of feeling tired and fatigued all the time, you bounced out of bed and felt amazing and ENERGIZED through the day?
- What if instead of stress, overwhelm and anxiety, you felt calm, content and buzzing - so EXCITED about the direction your health is going in?
- What if you felt clear headed, AWAKE and actually able to have clear thoughts?
- What if you had NORMAL bowel movements (no more 20 minute mystery bathroom visits!)?
- What if you actually ENJOYED eating food again?
- What if you didn't even have to think about your digestion anymore?
- What if you felt happy and positive again because you're health problems aren't weighing you down?
- What if you felt like the REAL you again?
- What if you were FULLY living your life, not just half living?
- What if you actually enjoyed life again and got on with LIVING your life?
- What if you had the FREEDOM of being healthy and felt like ANYTHING is possible?
It all started in 2011...
I’d been having some mild IBS symptoms and pains for years before that and couldn’t find the root cause (despite many doctors visits, tests and invasive procedures), but this pain was on another level. I wasn’t feeling good at all, and I was putting on weight at lightning speed.
I figured out the intense pain would come on just after eating bread, and after a little research went back to the doctor and asked to be tested for celiac disease. It came back positive.
In 2011 I was diagnosed with celiac disease – yeah, the “don’t eat gluten and you’ll be fine” one. Except I wasn’t fine. My diagnosis was unfortunately just the start, and I watched with horror as my health slowly declined in the years that followed, no matter how many green smoothies or health supplements I threw at it.
So, my stomach was being destroyed each time I ate gluten. My body was caught in a vicious cycle of immune responses. My body was on fire with inflammation. And I was drowning in toxicity created from my own gut and immune system, as well as storing environmental toxins way better than other people because my liver couldn’t cope. And I was not absorbing nutrients – my body was starving for nourishment.
I was relieved to finally have a diagnosis after years of mystery symptoms, and thought I was on the road to a quick recovery.
Except that not eating gluten wasn’t enough. My symptoms continued to get worse, my health continued to decline and my weight continued to skyrocket. The damage had already been done to my digestive system, and trying to figure out everything that gluten was in was a label-reading nightmare.
Traditional western medicine had no solutions for my illness. I was lost. I didn’t know what to do. I didn’t know what was going wrong. And I didn’t know how to fix it.
So I did the only thing left to do: I took charge of my own health and became an obsessive researcher, trying to figure out what was going on with my body.
A few years later, I’d hit bottom. I was so incredibly sick, and nothing I did changed it.
I’d become too sick too work – and was fast going broke with all the supplements and health stuff I was trying.
I’d started hiding out from the world – feeling too sick to go out, and too ashamed at how crap I looked from being sick.
I became an anxious recluse, hiding out from the world and avoiding social situations.
My relationships were suffering. People were disappearing from my life, the invitations were stopping.
I was missing out on opportunities, in my career, travelling, friendships, socially. I just wanted to be able to do the things I wanted to do. But I couldn't. I was stuck trapped inside a body that wouldn't let me.
My life became about one thing and one thing only: my disease, and how sick it had made me. I didn’t feel like a real person anymore.
I was a shadow of my former self, although I was now 20kg heavier thanks to this disease.
I didn't feel like the real me anymore.
I started to think I’d never get better – it didn’t seem like it was possible anymore. I felt like already tried everything. I was sick of wasting money. I was sick of wasting time. I was going through naturopaths like they were cheating boyfriends. But most of all, I was sick of being sick.
I was trying everything I could possibly find and afford, going deeper and deeper down the healing and wellness rabbit hole.
I just wanted to feel normal.
And you know things are desperate when your biggest dream is just to feel normal.
Am I the same girl who was sitting in that doctors office in 2011 being told I had celiac disease and to go join a support group? No way. I don’t even recognise her as me anymore. And I’m so glad. Because I was miserable.
I wasn’t being honest with myself about what I wanted from life. I was stuck in a rut. I was riddled with guilt over things that I’d done, things that had happened. I was in a vicious battle with my family and was holding on to playing victim over my childhood and the ways I’d been ‘wronged’ by other people.
Today, I look back on that girl from a few years ago, and my heart breaks for her, just like it breaks for you and for anyone else who ever has to endure this kind of misery and hopelessness.
But we absolutely can escape it. We can heal. We can get our lives back. It is 100% possible!
You can get your health back.
You can get your life back.
You use the lessons you learn with being ill, and the struggles you went through, and everything you overcome, to propel you into a happier, better, more joy-filled life than before.
Because now you get it. You get what not-living is. You willing to do what it takes to get your health back, so this time you can really LIVE.