You know those recipes you will actually make? And keep making? This is one of them.
Since I came up with this recipe, I’ve been making it about twice a week because it’s so good!
It’s filled with secret veggies, but it’s on the sweet side thanks to a the sweet veggies, a tiny bit of honey and some cinnamon – so it makes a perfect brekky.
I eat this with one or two soft boiled eggs so it’s got some protein as well (the secret to a good brekky: fat, fibre and protein!).
This makes enough for 2 – 3 meals, because I LOVE leftovers and get sick of cooking at every meal.
- 2 Tbsp fat - coconut oil or tallow are my favourites
- 1 small onion, finely diced
- 1 apple, grated
- 1 parsnip (or a swede, turnip, rutabaga), grated
- 1 carrot, grated
- a few stalks of broccoli, finely chopped
- handful of sultanas, raisins or fresh grapes
- ½ tsp cinnamon
- 1 tsp honey
- optional: a little bit of grated ginger
- If using fresh grapes, put the oven on at around 180°C / 360°F. Put the grapes onto a baking tray and pop them in the oven.
- In a large saucepan, heat the fat and add in the onion while grating the other veggies. Cook for about 5 minutes, then add all the grated veggies and cook for about 5 minutes, stirring. Add in the broccoli, cook for another few minutes.
- Finally, add the cinnamon & honey, turn the heat off and stir thoroughly.