I love this recipe. Throwing some salad in some nori wraps is the easiest GF lunch you’ll ever make.
I’m not that crazy about tuna salad, or tuna at all for that matter (the smell alone…) but I really love these rolls. So maybe they’re not exactly like tuna, but it doesn’t matter that much because they are really, really good. Instead of nori rolls, try adding it to a salad or use lettuce leaves instead of nori.
This recipe is from one of my ebooks, The Vedge, full of crazy amazing gluten-free, vegan and super HEALTHY recipes that will blow you’re fricken taste buds away!
- 1 cup almonds (or sunflower seeds), soaked 12 hours
- 2 stalks celery (about 1 cup), finely diced
- ½ red onion (about ¼ cup), finely diced
- 1 green onion (about ¼ cup), finely sliced
- ¼ cup mayonnaise (page 17) or avocado
- 1 lemon, juiced (about 3 Tbsp)
- 1 tsp wholegrain mustard (page 15)
- 2 tsp dulse or kelp flakes
- ½ tsp salt or sea seasonings
- ½ tsp chili flakes
- ½ tsp red pepper flakes
- 2 Tbsp fresh (or 1 tsp dried) dill, finely chopped
- 2 Tbsp fresh (or 1 tsp dried) parsley, finely chopped
- 8 nori sheets
- 1 carrot, thinly sliced length ways
- 1 cucumber, thinly sliced length ways
- 2 avocados, sliced
- large lettuce leaves
- In a food processor, roughly pulse the drained and rinsed almonds until they have a flaked texture.
- Empty the almonds into a medium bowl.
- Chop the celery, red onion and green onion by hand or in the food processor and add them to the bowl with the almonds.
- In a separate small bowl, combine the remaining ingredients and whisk together.
- Pour the dressing over the almond mixture and stir to combine.
- To assemble the rolls: Lay the nori sheet shiny side down. Lay a few lettuce leaves in the middle, then add some spicy tuna salad and the sliced vegetables.
- Slightly wet the edge of the nori sheet that is farthest from you with damp fingers. Pick up the edge closest to you and tightly but gently roll away from you, letting the wet nori edge stick to the roll (let it sit for a minute or so to “stick”).
Enjoy the recipe!