For the last year I’ve been entirely focused on what I put into my mouth. Between 6-9 juices and 2 – 4 enemas a day, 3 meals a day, plus trying to get a little bit of work done in between I really haven’t had any time at all to even think about taking care of my skin!
It has been slowly improving too, but heavy detoxing causes serious breakouts. Now that my schedule has eased up a little bit (hello one year mark!) I’m now able to spend some time on funner things like face masks, face creams, doing my hair and wearing make up! It may sound funny, but these little things really feel like complete luxuries to me now!
Why put food on your face and call it a luxury?
Everything you put on your skin gets absorbed into your body and bloodstream. The skin is the very last place to get nutrition, so putting nourishing things that our skin can easily absorb is a way to short-cut it.
You should obviously still be eating for beautiful skin – fruits, veggies, fermented foods, fats. But putting it directly on your skin is a shortcut!
This face mask is filled with super foods. And the awesome thing is, you can just make a mask out of whatever you have on hand. If you miss out an ingredient or two, it won’t matter too much!
- ¼ tsp liquid - bone broth, aloe vera juice, sauerkraut juice or even water
- ½ tsp bee pollen
- ¼ tsp spirulina
- ½ tsp honey
- 1 tsp french green clay
- ½ - 1 capsule probiotics
- a few drops of oil - flax seed oil or a nut oil like almond, macadamia etc
- Mix the liquid with the bee pollen and let it sit for about 10 - 15 minutes. The bee pollen will soften and then mix into a paste.
- Add the remaining ingredients and mix.
- Spread onto your face and leave for 10 minutes.
- Wash it off with warm water and a face cloth.
- Enjoy your shiny smooth skin!