I’ve been down and out the last few weeks with a killer wisdom tooth infection (and my usual detoxy headaches/nausea – I’m a big bag of fun, I know), but I’m making a comeback this week to show off my new cookbooks and I’ll be giving you a new free sample recipe for the next few days!
These little muffins are the perfect snack to take with you on the go or travelling. Deep banana, sugar-y cinnamon flavour with a hint of nut (from our friend almond flour). These go perfectly with some almond butter or jam.
This recipe is gluten-free, grain-free, dairy-free, egg-free, vegan, paleo, HEALTHY and EASY like all the other recipes in the books.
This particular recipe is from Gluten Freedom.
This is to celebrate the re-release (actually they are really different so more like a release) of my cookbooks! And to give you a treat because your my favourite!
Check them out:
Aren’t they cute?! (If I do say so myself!)
I created, developed, tested, photographed, and designed every single recipe and all of the books.
Thanks for being awesome, and enjoy the recipe! It’s so simple so I’m sure you’ll love making and eating it.
- 5 medjool dates
- ½ cup hot water
- ¼ cup flax seed meal
- 2 ripe bananas (plus extra slices for decoration)
- 1 cup almond flour
- 1 tsp ground cinnamon
- 2 Tbsp granulated sugar (sucanat or coconut sugar)
- 2 Tbsp arrowroot powder
- ½ cup besan (chickpea/garbanzo) flour
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp apple cider vinegar
- Preheat oven to 160°C / 320°F.
- Line a mini muffin tray with 24 mini muffin liners.
- In a high speed blender, add the medjool dates and hot water and set aside for 5 minutes to soften.
- Add remaining ingredients except apple cider vinegar and blend until smooth.
- Add apple cider vinegar and stir in with a spatula.
- Spoon mixture evenly between the 24 mini muffin liners (about 1 tablespoon in each).
- Add a banana slice to each and press down slightly into the batter.
- Bake for 20 minutes, until a toothpick comes out clean.