You have to do you’re part and make a batch of this amazing coconut yogurt!
Here are 5 reasons that you need this CoYo in you’re life right now:
1. It’s cultured meaning it is full of good bacteria – aka probiotics that help keep your digestive system healthy – more on that one in this post.
2. It’s creamier and naturally sweeter (thanks to the coconut) than regular yogurt.
3. You can easily make it yourself – as I will show you below – so you know exactly what’s in it, no weird ingredients either.
4. It is completely dairy-free, for those who can’t tolerate dairy, vegans, or anyone who knows the truth about how bad dairy is for humans.
5. It is full of all the good fats from coconut!
But the best reason: it just tastes really good!
Mix with some fruit, add some granola or seeds and you have an awesome breakfast, dessert or snack!
- 2 cups (1 x 14oz / 400ml can or fresh made) full fat coconut milk or cream
- 2 Tbsp tapioca or arrowroot powder (tapioca works much better so use that if you can)
- 1 Tbsp maple syrup, coconut nectar or coconut sugar
- 1 tsp probiotic powder - I like this one from Bluebonnet or HealthForce
- 1 glass jar or bowl, fresh from the dishwasher or dipped in boiling water
- Prepare a clean glass bowl or jar that will fit in your dehydrator.
- Combine all ingredients in a high speed blender and blend until smooth.
- Pour into your clean bowl or jar.
- Place in dehydrator at 110°F/43°C for 8 - 12 hours, or up to 24 hours. The longer you culture the more sour it becomes, so stop when you like the taste.
- Once the CoYo has cultured, blend again to get rid of any clumps.
- Chill for 12 hours before serving.
• Use the oven light as the incubator
• Place on a sunny, warm counter-top during the day
• Heat the CoYo mix in a saucepan to 110°F/43°C, then pour into a jar and wrap with towels