This is one of my favorite recipes. And fortunately, falafel works as a summer or winter food. You can have it with a cooling salad, which is so nice for the crazy summer heat we have here at the moment. But you can also eat it in a warm wrap in winter time.
I’ve tried so many falafel recipes, and which all of them are yummy, this one is by far my favorite. It has such a deep and warm flavor, and the falafel is fluffy and light.
- 2 medium zucchinis, roughly chopped
- 3 cups cooked chickpeas (2 x 14oz / 400g cans)
- 1 large brown onion (or 2 small), roughly chopped
- bunch of parsley
- 8 cloves garlic
- 1 Tbsp ground cumin
- 3 tsp salt
- 2 tsp paprika
- ½ tsp cayenne
- juice of 1 lemon
- 2 Tbsp flaxseed meal + 6 Tbsp hot water
- 3 tsp baking powder
- 1 cup garbanzo (aka chickpea/besan) flour
- Preheat oven to 175°C / 350°F.